Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Will Defeat Thee Double Knitting

It's been slow going so far with turning the Ramona Cowl into a double knit cowl. I've been having a hard time remembering to read every other chart row backwards and with opposite colors. At my current pace I'm finishing one row with 2 repeats of the chart every 20 minutes with plenty of mistakes and re-reads of the chart. That means this cowl will take me roughly forever and I really think I have better things to do. The only solution I can think of is to re-chart the whole thing on graph paper. Not pleasant, but necessary.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Actual Information

Today's post contains actual information about all the pictures yesterday! Yay! First I made these Cylon Centurion Mittens by Sarah Parr back in September and October for my husband while I was away visiting my parents. This was such a great pattern. It was easy to knit and very intuitive once I got going I didn't have to look at the charts very often.

The second picture is of Oaklet Shawl by Megan Goodacre. I had some fantastic yarn from a trip to Traverse City, Michigan and it was a fast and easy knit.

The third picture is my challenge knit. I received some Knit Picks Chroma for Christmas to knit the Ramona Cowl by Melissa Lemmons from the Winter 2011 KnitScene. So far I've tried it in the round (made it about 6 inches and hated it, frogged) and twice in double knitting (the first attempt had way more stitches than I have neck and the second attempt has not gone beyond the cast on.)

Tomorrow there will be new pictures!

Monday, January 21, 2013

A New Theory

I have not been knitting nor have I been blogging. I've mostly been addicted to Pinterest with sporadic ill conceived knitting projects that I won't count as knitting because primarily they haven't worked out. My theory is that by remembering to blog again that my projects may in fact work out. It's a theory that lacks all common sense but I think we can ignore that foe time's sake. First here are two pictures of projects that have worked out (one from October and one from December) and one picture of some very tragic yarn that wanted to be a cowl but so far has not achieved that goal. Details should follow tomorrow when I'm not about to go to bed.