Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog's Day

I've always enjoyed Groundhog's Day and the idea that little Phil knows how's long our winter will last. Here in Alaska I'm not sure if Phil can be much help. Looking out the window at the seeming endless snowy landscape it doesn't look like winter will ever end. Cupcakes help everything so groundhog cupcakes will defiantly solve this. I found the idea on Pinterest, it was only a picture so I guessed the details and changed them to make them better (at least better in my opinion). They are chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting dyed green. They have crushed up Oreos for dirt and NutterButters cut in half with mini chocolate chips for eyes and ears. It was easy, fast, and they look so cute!

Now knitting. I'm still working on the Ramona Cowl, just very slowly. I had to re-chart and then re-chart it again to get it right for easy double knitting. I've only finished 2 repeats of the pattern but I really like the way it looks so far!







1 comment: