Friday, February 3, 2012

Day of Hearts

           Today is the day of the hearts. For several weeks I’ve been working on Crochet Heart Garland by Sarah Anderson Designs (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-heart-garland-3). At first I thought it would nice to have a strand hang over our bay window and that I’d have to make 30 or 40 at the most and call it a day. Those plans drastically changed when I made a joke about them going all the way around the living room and my wonderful husband thought it would be a great idea. I already had a great big stack of them so I thought sure, how hard could that be?

Skip ahead a few weeks to now and 2 ½ skeins of Red Heart Super Saver later and you have...


          That is 130 hearts and I’m out of yarn again. Based on room sized I’ve estimated I’m going to need at least 136 hearts to make it around the room. All I can say it that my math had better be right or this may all end in tears. I keep recounting the hearts I have because I just don’t believe I’ve made that many. It’s a great pattern though, only 3 rounds and easy to memorize. I make them whenever I have a spare 5 minutes. I’m excited to get chaining and have this hung up before Valentine’s Day. I’m going to need some really good Valentine’s chocolate when I finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment