Monday, February 6, 2012

A Hat and A Cupcake


          Today I ignored my Valentine’s Day project in favor of a brand new hat. I love making new hats. This time I’m designing my own hat with a few different cables from The Knitter’s Bible by Claire Crompton. 


I've been looking for the right pattern for this yarn for ages but nothing I started ever seemed quite right. This yarn is absolutely beautiful, Galway Highland Heather color 741; it is an amazing mix of yellows, greens, and blues. My only problem so far with this hat is that I keep losing my cable needle; so I took a knitting break to make a solution.


It’s so much easier to stick my cable needle in this cupcake than lose it once more to the couch cushions. The pattern is Quick Cupcake by Hannah Kaminsky (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/quick-cupcake). I added the cherry on top and half filled it with rice to make it heavier and steadier. So far it’s been a life saver. Tomorrow it’s back to working on my heart project with a fresh skein of Cherry Red Red Heart Super Saver!


No comments:

Post a Comment